IP IT AND TMT
We understand how interrelated intellectual property, information technologies and technology, media and telecoms have become and address them accordingly
IP IT and TMT
We understand how interrelated intellectual property, information technologies and technology, media and telecoms have become and address them accordingly - within a single practice group. By following both the evolution in the local regulations and developments inthe EU, our lawyers are able to swiftly and comprehensively respond to any enquiry from these areas.
IP issues often arise both as stand-alone and as part of other considerations. A good example are trademarks: our lawyers assist clients both with respect to registration of trademarks and with respect to other aspects trademarks may have, such as those competition-law related. Thanks to the wide expertise of our lawyers, we are able to give our clients a complete advice, which takes into account all relevant legal aspects and, most importantly, the client's needs.
Over the last few years, the Serbian IT industry has become one of the leading sectors of the Serbian economy, in particu lar with respect to export. With cross-border transactions in this sector now common, we provide support both to local IT companies and to foreign companies doing business with IT companies from the region.
Over the last few years, Serbia and other countries in the region have witnessed a dynamic development of telecoms and media. Parallel with this, local legal framework has developed as well, with telecoms and media both being regulated in dustries. Inthe M&A context, the attention has been particularly on telecoms - some of the largest deals have happened precisely in this sector. And, even in the absence of M&A, companies active in telecoms and/or media often require assis tance with regulatory issues.
Our lawyers have extensive experience in the field of IP, IT and TMT, including registration of trademarks for international clients (including multinational companies), advising a multinational company on competition law aspects of trademark regulation in Serbia, supporting local IT companies in structuring their cooperation with foreign partners, advising tele com operators on regulatory issues and due diligence and transaction support in one of the largest recent transactions in the telecom sector in the region.
- Preparation of trademark applications and representing clients in the registration procedure
- Assisting clients with respect to the registration of patents
- Drafting legal opinions with respect to various IP law issues, including those touching upon other areas of law (such as competition law)
- IP litigation (in cooperation with our Dispute Resolution team)
- Providing support to local IT companies, in particular with respect to their cross-border transactions
- Assisting foreign companies wishing to invest in the Serbian IT industry (including advisory on the conditions for receiving investment subsidies from the state)
- Dealing with IP issues in the operation of IT companies
- Advising on all regulatory aspects of TMTs under local laws
- Structuring complex TMT transactions with various regulatory aspects
- Representing clients in proceedings before local regulatory bodies in the area of telecoms and media
- Due diligence and support in deals in the TMT sector
HOW WE STAND OUT?
Here as well "one stop shop" is the keyword - we are able to assist clients with all areas of law relevant for IP/IT/TMT issues, in all jurisdictions our network covers.
DR. DRAGAN GAJIN
Tel. +381 (0)11 414 33 60 (switchboard)
+381 (0)11 414 33 68 (direct)
+381 (0)62 767 883 (cell)
News And Events
State Aid in Serbia: 2018
The main developments in Serbian State aid during 2018, in eight short questions and answersRead more
Bundeskartellamt prohibits Facebook from combining user data from different sources
The Bundeskartellamt has imposed on Facebook far-reaching restrictions in the processing of user data.Read more
Antitrust: Commission prohibits Siemens' proposed acquisition of Alstom
The European Commission has prohibited Siemens' proposed acquisition of Alstom under the EU Merger Regulation. The merger would have harmed competition in markets for railway signalling systems and very high-speed trains.Read more
European Energy Community takes position on “Turk Stream” gas pipeline route through Serbia.
Gastrans pipeline project: Secretariat issues opinion with request for additional conditions to Serbian energy regulatorRead more