Dr Slobodan Doklestic, LL.M.
- LL.B. – University of Belgrade Faculty of Laws
- LL.M. – CEU / Emory Law School
- Ph.D. – University of Kragujevac Faculty of Laws
PRIMARY AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Banking & Finance
- Competition / Antitrust
- Corporate, M&A and Commercial Law
- Energy, Mining, Infrastructure
- Labor & Employment
- Serbian (Native)
- Bar Association of Belgrade
- Delegate in the Assembly of the Bar Association of Serbia
- American Chamber of Commerce in Serbia (Amcham) – Vice Chair of the Combating Grey Economy Committee
Slobodan graduated with distinction from the Faculty of Law, University of Belgrade in 2003. He obtained an LL.M. degree in International Business Law at the Central European University in Budapest, 2005 (as the best student in his class). He was a visiting scholar at the Emory University School of Law in the US, Vienna University and University of Munich. He obtained his Ph.D. in EU law at the Faculty of Law, University of Kragujevac.
Dr Doklestic has more than 13 years of professional experience, specializing primarily in business law and employment and labor law, corporate, M&A, competition and antitrust, privatization law, energy and environment law.
Dr. Doklestic was a team leader in many of the transactions in Serbia, Montenegro and Bosnia & Herzegovina.
Thus far Dr. Doklestic has advised international and domestic clients on corporate and commercial transactions total value of which exceeds EUR 2 billion.
- “Problem lažnih supstituta kod definisanja relevantnog tržišta u pravu konkurencije” (Problem of False Substitutes When Defining Relevant Market in Competition Law), Revija za evropsko pravo, 2012, vol. 14, br. 2-3, str. 71-96
- “Joint Ventures in Serbia”, article prepared in co-authorship with Ms Bojana Jelisavac published in 2012 European Lawyer Reference Series-Joint Ventures, Thomson Reuters, London, 2012
- „Serbia: Paving a Path to the West“, article prepared in co-authorship with Ms Sanja Panjkovic published in 2012 IFLR M&A Guide, International Financial Law Review, London, 2012
- “Zloupotreba dominantnog položaja na tržištu u pravu konkurencije EU“ (Abuse of dominant position on the market in the EU law), a doctoral dissertation on University of Kragujevac Faculty of Law
- “De lege ferenda regulativa zadruga u Srbiji – neka Evropska iskustva” (De lege ferenda regulation of cooperatives in Serbia – some European experiences), monograph in co-authorship with prof. dr. Zoltan Vig, FEPPS, Novi Sad, 2009
- “Enforcement of contracts in Serbia”, article published in book “The case law of Central and Eastern Europe – Enforcement of Contracts”, European University Press, Bochum, Germany, 2009
- “Protection of Foreign Investments in Montenegro”, article in a compendium on protection of foreign investments in countries of central and eastern Europe “Investing in South Eastern Europe – Foreign Direct Investments in the Stability Pact Countries”, edited by CEU professors Stefan Messmann and Tibor Tajti (European University Press, Bochum, November 2005)
- “Formation of Contracts in the International Sale of Goods”, master thesis. Mentor: Professor Tibor Varady.